CrossRoads Christian Academy is an organization which will operate in accord with classic and orthodox Christian beliefs. All members are required to affirm the following beliefs. All members are also required to agree to conduct themselves and their families in a manner that does not violate the CRC beliefs which are in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message (www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp). All classes and activities offered through CRC will be in accordance with these beliefs.
I affirm that:1)The Lord our God is the one and only living and true God, that, in accord with classic and orthodox Christian belief, in this divine and infinite Being there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, that they are one in substance, power, and eternity, each having the whole divine essence, yet this essence is undivided.
2)The Father is not derived from anyone, he is neither begotten nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. All three are infinite, without beginning, and therefore but one God, who is not to be divided in nature and being. Yet they are distinguished by several distinctive characteristics and personal relations.
3) The Son of God, the second person in the Holy Trinity, is truly and eternally God. He is the brightness of the Father's glory, of the same substance and equal with him who made the world, who upholds and governs all things he has made. When the fullness of time was come, God (the Son) took upon himself human nature, with all its essential properties and common infirmities, yet without sin. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mary. The Holy Spirit comedown upon her and the power of the Most High overshadowed her, so that he was born to a woman from the tribe of Judah, a descendant of Abraham and David, in accordance with the Scriptures.
4) The Holy Scriptures are the only sufficient, certain and infallible rule for saving knowledge, faith, and obedience. The Holy Scriptures, or the Word of God written, consists of all the books of the Old and New Testament. These are: The Old Testament: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, The New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation
5)The whole revelation of God concerning all things essential for his own glory, human salvation, faith and life, is either explicitly set down or implicitly contained in the Holy Scriptures. Nothing is ever to be added to these books of the Old and New Testaments, whether by a new revelation of the Spirit, or by human traditions.
6)The Family. God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption.
Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression according to biblical standards, and the means for procreation of the human race. Gender is assigned by God at conception (male or female). Our convictions reject any lifestyle as biblical other than the male/female paradigm in God's creation and the marriage between man and woman.
All members must agree to respect the religious convictions of CRC and agree to conduct themselves and their families in a manner that does not violate those beliefs while participating in/leading any CRC class or activity.
Respecting our religious convictions (which rejects any lifestyle as biblical other than the male/female paradigm in God's creation and the marriage between man and woman) and conducting your family in a manner that does not violate our beliefs while participating in CRC classes and activities are essential to being part of CRC.
Below you are signing the following:
*________________(initial to affirm statements 1-6).
*I agree to conduct myself and my family in the leading of and participation in all classes and activities offered through CRC in a manner that is in accordance with and respectful of the beliefs of CRC.________________(initial)
*I have read and understand the CRC handbook.________________(initial).
*I agree to follow the rules outlined in the handbook and see that anyone that is under my authority at the CRC campus or at a CRC activity is in accordance of those rules.________________(initial).
*I understand and agree that Shiloh Baptist Church and CRC are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or loss of or damage to property occurring on the property of Shiloh Baptist Church or traveling to and from Shiloh Baptist Church or any CRC functions.________________(initial)
Sign Name :
Below you are signing the following:
Family Commitment Section To be initialed and signed at bottom by all families attending CRC
We must have structure in the class room. “Let all things be done decently and in order. “1 Corinthians 14:40
As a teacher, co-teacher, class helper, or hall monitor agree to:
1. Be consistent in attendance.
2. Be on time for class.
3. Be prepared to teach class.
4. Communicate required absences to co-teachers / helpers and the office.
5. Teachers and co-teachers must be in full communication regarding class materials and lessons in order that classes will continue without disruption in the case of an absence.
6. Respect the religious convictions of CRC which are in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message and agree to teach in a manner that does not violate these beliefs. (If you wish to review the Baptist Faith and Message, visit our website atwww.shilohchurch.info. If you are unable to view this document, we can provide a printed copy.)________________ (initial)
To encourage quality co-op classes, I will follow and enforce the following rules during co-op:
1. Consistent attendance.
2. Class participation/Completing assignments
3. Being on time to co-op and ensuring that students are in classes on time.
4. Consistently bringing required materials to class.
5. Respect facility, church staff, and its rules
6. Respect and honor co-op teachers, directors, and fellow students in words and actions.
7. I agree to review these requirements with all family members that will be attending co-op classes.________________ (initial)
I understand there may be times teachers, other parents, or CRC staff may need to lovingly correct my student(s) for everyone's safety and benefit. I will talk with the adult involved or CRC staff if I have any questions or concerns.
By registering with CRC, I understand that it is a commitment for the complete school year and agree to fulfill my commitment for the year in whatever classes I teach/co-teach/ help.
Below you are signing the following:
Summary of Requirements to Participate in Co-op Classes
To make sure that our co-op students receive a safe and quality educational experience, the following guidelines will be enforced. Failure to comply with any of these may result in the loss of co-op privileges.
1) Families must be in agreement with the beliefs noted on the CRC Membership Commitment / Statement of Faith Form. Signature is required at registration.
2)Understand and agree that Shiloh Baptist Church and CRC are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or loss of or damage to property occurring on the property of Shiloh Baptist Church or traveling to and from Shiloh Baptist Church or any CRC functions.
3)Agree to respect the religious convictions of CRC which are in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message and agree to conduct yourself and your family in a manner that does not violate those beliefs while participating in / leading any CRC classes and activities.
4) Consistent attendance–Absenteeism of more than 4 days per semester may result in the loss of co-op privileges.
5) Behavior–Students are expected to model Christian behavior, respect their teachers and peers in words and actions, and follow the guidelines given in the CRC Handbook. All property at Shiloh Baptist Church must be treated with respect. Damages incurred by a student/parent will the responsibility of the parent.
6) Completing assignments on time–Participation is not limited to class time. Outside activities, including homework assignments given by the co-op teacher, are expected to be done by all students in a timely manner.
7) Be on time for all classes–Our class time is limited, and the teachers often require all of the class time available to present their lessons. In order to show respect to all and to cover the required materials for each class, teachers and students must be on time and ready for class. This will help the class to stay on schedule.
8) Bring all materials needed for class each week, including paper, pens, pencils, etc. as outlined by each teacher at the beginning of the year and at other times as needed through the year.
9) Electronic Use in the Classroom–Please see note in handbook re: use of online videos in class. Parent use in class: Please do not use phones or electronic devices during class time unless it is related to the material being covered. (Please see above procedures for sharing video or online content in class) Student use in class: Students should not use phones or electronic devices in class or during chapel. Phones and electronics will be taken and held in the office until the end of the day if they are being used in class when not allowed.
10) Parent participation–Parents are our teachers, co-teachers, and helpers. Leading a class as a teacher involves preparing and presenting lessons in a safe and caring environment and in accordance with the requirements in the CRC Membership Commitment / Statement of Faith. Co-teaching involves assisting the lead teacher, following the same requirements as noted in the CRC Membership Commitment / Statement of Faith, and acting as a substitute in the event of the lead teacher’s absence. Classroom helpers assist all students in the classroom (not just their own child) as needed by the teacher. General co-op helpers assist in hall monitoring, snack table, clean-up, etc. Both classroom helpers and general co-op helpers must follow the guidelines of the CRC Membership Commitment /Statement of Faith. Parent participation also includes being on-site during CRC co-op hours (unless other arrangements have been made with the office administrators as outlined in the handbook), providing materials needed by your student(s) for their classes, and making sure that your child is on time for class each week and that they have all assignments and special projects completed on time as required by the teacher.
11) Teachers and co-teachers must be in full communication regarding class materials and lessons in order that classes will continue without disruption in the case of an emergency. Note: Students who have graduated high school are not allowed to “hang out” during co-op classes. They may sign-up to help with classes but must be approved by CRC and the teacher of the class.
Electronic signatures carry the same weight as a signature on paper.